Table of Contents
In this article, we will analyze what are the differences between the VDR provider and File-sharing platforms.
In a nutshell about a Virtual Data Room
One product manager needs to find a test environment for the development team. Another entrepreneur needs to implement a powerful CRM system. The system administrator needs to deploy 1C, M.E.Doc, mail, and file server to organize remote work. And the startup is looking for technical resources to launch its project. To perform these various tasks, they chose a virtual data room.
Virtual Data Room is a set of IT resources: virtual machines, communication channels, network equipment, disk space, and various software that give complete freedom in creating any IT landscape within this virtual data center.
Each virtual data center is located in an isolated network. Managing a cloud site is like managing your own pool of physical servers, but it only takes a few minutes to scale resources.
The architecture of the virtual data center is similar to a multi-layered pie, as it consists of three basic levels:
- The first level is the service layer. It is based on a self-service portal that uses and allocates resources to VDR. With the help of the portal, on the resources of a data room provider, the units of administration – organizations, the environment of resources, users, and groups are created. One client can own an organization that uses the resources of several virtual data centers simultaneously.
- The second level is the virtualization layer. It combines resources of virtualized physical servers, storage systems, and network stack of equipment into public cloud resource pools.
- The third level is the hardware layer. It is responsible for the reliability of the VDR «without a single point of failure.” The hardware layer is usually assembled exclusively from component A-brands.
What are cloud services and how do they help businesses?
Public cloud services are programs and platforms that run on the servers of cloud providers. The main feature of cloud services is that by creating an account on such a platform, a person will be able to access their own information from any gadget.
The situation is similar with business. Cloud storage is provided to the user in the required amount, is paid upon use, and eliminates the need to purchase your own IT infrastructure for data storage and managing it. This provides flexibility, fast scalability, and reliability.
There are more than ten models of cloud services. Cloud operators distinguish the three most common of them:
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service – Infrastructure as a Service) – providing the customer with leased computing resources in the form of virtual infrastructure.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) – the client receives a full-fledged virtual platform with various tools and services.
- SaaS (Software as a Service) – the customer receives certain software products via the Internet.